Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Cambridge, United Kingdom
  • Program Terms: Spring, Summer
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Spring 2022 10/01/2021 ** Rolling Admission TBA TBA
Summer 2022 04/01/2022 ** Rolling Admission TBA TBA

** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet:
UCIE Program Coordinator: Monica Ratliff Program: Exchange
Program Type: Study Abroad Program Faculty Advisor: * Other
GPA (Minimum Requirement): 3.0 Language Prerequisite: No
Language of Instruction: English Language Courses Offered: No
Credit Hours: Dormitory Payment 1: Application Fee: 100
Program Description:

ARU CambridgeContents:

Program Description:

Wright State University’s partnership with Anglia Ruskin University, UK, provides advanced practice opportunities for graduate students in Student Affairs in Higher Education.

This field based and research focused experience provides you with supervised experience in international Student Affairs and an opportunity to live and study at an institution of higher learning outside of the United States. This course also offers you a structured opportunity to contribute to scholarly research in global learning.
You will work on a project at the international internship site where the likelihood of acquiring knowledge, skills, competencies and experiences compatible with your career goals is greatest.  

[Return to top]

Academic Course Information:

SAHE students will register for the internship course during spring semester and then travel once the semester is complete. 
[Return to top]
 ARU Punting

Meals and Accommodations:

   While at Anglia Ruskin students will live in the residence halls on campus as well as receive a meal stipend. 
[Return to top]


  Students must be graduate students in the Student Affairs in Higher Education program at Wright State and receive approval from Dr. DuVivier. 
As a student Affairs in Higher Education international internship student, you are required to be in good standing with the College of Education and Human Services and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
You must complete the following foundational courses with a grade of “B” or better in order to enroll in SAA 6652 International Internship in SAHE.

ARU RhinoWhen international internship placements are limited, preference will be given to students who have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher, strong professional endorsements, and less time to degree completion.
[Return to top]

Before You Leave:

Students will be required by the University Center for International Education (UCIE) to complete a mandatory pre-departure orientation a few weeks before departure.

Students must also be sure they have submitted all necessary documents and payments to the UCIE.

[Return to top]

Getting There:

Students will be responsible for purchasing their own tickets to and from their study abroad location. Please be sure to check with Dr. DuVivier in order to know what dates you need to arrive and depart. 

Students may purchase tickets however they choose. STA travel and  Student Universe are two travel agencies that we recommend.
[Return to top]

Program Costs:

A non-refundable application fee of $100 is due at the time of application. Students are required to pay for their flight, some meals, as well as any personal travel or purchases. 

Students will also be required to purchase the UCIE's suggested international health insurance before departure. 
[Return to top]

Affording the Program:

WSU financial aid might be applicable to your chosen program.  To learn more about your specific financial aid options you should contact to make an appointment with the financial aid advisor.

Click here to learn about other Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities.

Many students reach out to family, friends, and community and religious organizations for support.  Some choose to create an online funding site, others send out letters requesting support.
[Return to top]

Passports and Visas:

A valid passport is required for all international travel. Its best to apply for a passport now as processing times may vary. The UCIE is an official US Passport Center and we can help you with your photo and passport processing needs.  See here for more information.

Some study abroad destinations will require you to obtain a visa.  A visa is permission given to you by your host country to allow you to enter the country for a specific amount of time.  In order to obtain country-specific visa instructions and resources, refer to your host country’s embassy web page. One way to access this information is via the US Department of State’s webpage.

The UCIE is happy to guide you to possible resources about visas for study abroad. Although, applying for the necessary visa for travel is the responsibility of the individual traveler. Entry requirements change frequently and we advise you to pay close attention to consular updates. It is your responsibility to know and address the requirements for your host study abroad destination.
[Return to top]

Health and Safety:

WSU is committed to student and faculty safety while abroad. The following are a few resources for travel abroad.

WSU faculty, students and staff are responsible for their own health and safety abroad. Please consider reviewing the following sites for further information:
US Department of State
US Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC)
International SOS ( for medical and security advice. WSU membership #: 11BSGC000054

Before travel WSU students, faculty and staff can utilize International SOS in several ways including:
  • Read about travel health information with medical advice, food and water safety, and cultural tips
  • Explore travel security with personal safety tips and travel risk ratings for locations abroad
  • Get advice on how to travel with your medication
  • Sign up to receive email alerts for medical and security information, customizable to various locations abroad

WSU faculty, students and staff traveling abroad should register their travel abroad through the US Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)   in case of an emergency abroad.

[Return to top]

Contacts and More Information:

University Center for International Education (UCIE)

Program Coordinator:

Monica Ratliff
Education Abroad Coordinator
[Return to top]

Program Ratings:
Overall Experience:
1 2 3 4 5
Program Value:
1 2 3 4 5
Academic Experiences:
1 2 3 4
Cultural Experiences:
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4
Overall Learning:
1 2 3 4 5