Skip to content

Travel Insurance


International SOS, a Medical and Security Solutions Company, has been contracted to cover all faculty, staff, and students traveling for WSU on business or a Wright State sponsored program abroad.  An International SOS card can be given to you prior to your departure, giving you access to the International SOS website, with possible e-mail updates on the country or city you will be visiting. Important travel and safety tips are available by phone, the website, and e-mail both prior to and during your travels. In addition, you will have access to an International SOS representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere in the world should you encounter any emergency during your time abroad. Access to clinics, prescriptions, and evacuation and repatriation are available through this coverage. Through registration with International SOS, you will also be automatically registered with the local US Consulate, as recommended by the US Department of State. 
If you are a faculty or staff member traveling abroad, click here for the SOS application.

Ambassador Programs

In addition to ISOS insurance, students will be registered for additional health insurance through University UHP Travel Insurance 2017-2018.docx

External Partner Programs 

In addition to ISOS insurance, students will need to have health insurance built in to their program fee for the time that they are abroad. 

Exchange Programs & Student Selected Programs 

In addition to ISOS insurance, students will be required to purchase additional health insurance before they depart. UHP travel insurance, UHP Travel Insurance 2017-2018.docx, is available for purchase to help students with this requirement. 

Recommended Link
To learn about health and safety while abroad, click here.